Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Supervisor – (57614)
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes – from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
First Shift (Day)
- Assure that the labor to budget goals are achieved for their specific jobs during each quarter.
- Assure that the supplies to budget goals are achieved for each specific job during each quarter.
- Maintain contract specifications.
- Maintain service quantity and quality to client and the company.
- Process payroll.
- Order office and janitorial supplies.
- Perform safety and HR Audits.
- Interview and select new employees.
- Perform job counseling and issue employee discipline as necessary in partnership with the Human Resources Business Partner or Manager.
- Check all work on a nightly and turn in completion reports.
- Assign tasks to workers based on job requirements as specified by the contract or special assignments requested by the customer.
- Ensure company standards are met in compliance with janitorial operations and servicing. contractual obligations to customers within specified budget of labor and expense.
- Train new staff and oversee on-going training of existing employees in proper cleaning methods and use of equipment, safety practices, and regulations.
- Perform daily quality control inspections.
- Process weekly payroll and ensure payroll is submitted in accordance with Wage and Hour laws.
- Complete and submit employee change forms to Human Resources as needed.
- Assists in safety programs follow-through by Branch Safety Coordinators to ensure compliance with all safety policies.
- Be aware of the fundamentals of good personnel management.
- Ensure building is in compliance with all State and Federal guidelines as well as company policies.
- Understand and use proper personnel management skills to resolve problems with personnel.
- Determines materials, supplies, and equipment needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two plus years of supervisory experience and managing employees.
- Two years of janitorial experience in a large commercial property or sporting arena or stadium.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Wilmington, DE 19808 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)