User Experience Designer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R90777
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
User Experience Designer
What We Are Doing:
Our Associate Servicing design team in Consumer Bank is on a journey to redesign our customer service agent ecosystem from the ground up. Through a brand new digital experience, we are empowering our frontline associates to help our customers quickly resolve problems with empathy and efficiency. With this suite of applications, Capital One customer service agents and branch associates can now focus on a meaningful, personalized conversation when helping each customer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Prototyping, researching, synthesizing, listening, recommending, impacting.
You’ll be working with designers, strategists, developers, product managers, stakeholders, researchers, and business analysts to help design a next generation suite of tools. These digital experiences will be used by thousands of frontline associates in our call centers, branches and cafes to deliver an unparalleled personalized servicing experience to millions of customers.
Who Are You:
A master UXer
- You are proactive and passionate about crafting a great experience, communicating in plain language, and above all, making the complex simple. You love designing solutions that solve customer problems, with humanity.
- You are beyond capable at generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights and business goals, while balancing system and technical capabilities.
- You are comfortable working within and contributing to design systems and design principles.
- You employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions.
A versatile, trusted partner and teammate
- You pride yourself on collaborating with product partners, engineers, stakeholders and design teams on research activities, strategy, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
- You display a positive attitude and are a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own.
- You take pride in your work and yet have a humble approach.
- You offer and welcome feedback about design decisions
- You have a can-do attitude and people just want to work with you.
A comfortable storyteller
- You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you easily share with a wide range of audiences, including dev teams, product partners and stakeholders.
A customer advocate
- You are human-centered in your approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs.
- You are genuinely interested in what you do; you are curious and demonstrate a deep passion for learning about your users.
A successful juggler
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily, and when you do, you’re not too proud to ask for help.
- You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI design
- At least 5 years experience with digital design tools (Sketch, Invision, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Principle, Figma)
- At least 3 years of experience creating prototypes at both low and high fidelity
- At least 3 years of experience developing information architectures for web based applications
- At least 2 years of experience performing user testing
- 5+ years of experience as a true UX practitioner, with a portfolio clearly demonstrating a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of Design Thinking and/or Design Sprint methodologies
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of successful information architectures across multiple digital products. (card sorting testing and findability or treejack testing)
- Demonstrated experience scripting, moderating and synthesizing formal usability testing.
- Experience working within Agile or Lean product development teams.
- Preference for designing within a dual-track agile environment.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and design principles
- Master’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or comparable experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.