Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Georgetown, DE 19947
Great opportunity for a Heavy Civil Construction Leader to come out of the field!
Basic Description: The Estimator helps drive business by preparing complete and responsive bid proposals on projects including analyzing plans and specifications to develop detailed cost estimates for materials, equipment and labor required to construct the project. This is accomplished by working closely with Operations and Project Managers during the bidding process to ensure accuracy of data used to estimate the project. Once a bid has been accepted, the Estimator will promptly work up and obtain execution of subcontracts and material purchase orders including insurance compliance. Additionally, the Estimator will lead the hand-off of information to project management to be fully educated in all strategies, opportunities and risks that were recognized in the bidding process.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity to gain the best pricing
• Evaluate bid specifications and drawings, ensuring full knowledge of contract documents
• Overall responsibility for preparing and submitting proposals, budgets and estimates for projects
• Perform a comprehensive analysis and scope review of project with team
• Attends pre-bid meetings and site investigations
• Solicits and maintains communication with customer, vendors and subcontractors