Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Selbyville, DE 19975
Ensures the safety and security of the children in the facility and on the bus, promotes learning and development of children and assists teaching staff in planning and carrying out educational activities. May assist in the kitchen, with clerical duties or with custodial duties.
1. Assists the Teacher in implementing educational programs for each child and the classroom and on playground.
2. Assists the Teacher in record keeping, observations, assessments and screenings.
3. Performs duties of Bus Monitor as assigned. Ensures children are safely transported on the bus by checking seat belts and making the children stay seated. Checks the bus to make sure all children have exited.
4. Engages the children on the bus to create an interactive environment by preparing activities and conversing with them.
5. Serves as a liaison between staff and parents.
6. Maintains confidentiality regarding students.
7. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
8. Assist children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
9. Assist in preparing food and serving meals to children. Maintain clean environment for food service area and wash dishes and pans.
10. Assist with laundry, custodial and clerical duties.
11. Assist with the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
12. Fills in on a temporary basis when a staff member needs to leave the classroom for a short duration.
13. Participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
14. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan. Actively engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
15. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children have left the program.
16. Driving to transport food to serve children, or to perform other work-related tasks may be necessary.
17. Perform all other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory duties.
• Work is performed mostly inside the facility.
• Sitting walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to 30 lbs), carrying, pushing and climbing.
• Riding in a bus for prolong periods of time with noise and vibration.
• Moving through the Center and classrooms. Ability to respond to quickly changing situations in a safe manner.
• Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to blood, other bodily fluids, cleaning chemicals and dirt.
• Occasional pushing of heavy cart, bending, reaching and climbing.
• Using sharp tools for cutting and preparing food.
• Handling containers of hot food.
• Regular attendance for this position is required, as regular attendance ensures we are providing the services we have committed to provide to the children and families we serve.