Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Laurel, DE 19956
Maintains the center and grounds in such a way to ensure every child and family who enters our facilities has a clean, safe and sanitary environment that supports their educational growth and development. Promotes safety practices.
1. Performs general cleaning of the Center to include floors, bathrooms, and fixtures.
2. Sanitizes required areas.
3. Follows daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules including, but not limited to, the classrooms, kitchen, office areas, bathrooms, storage areas and entrances.
4. Performs regular safety checks of the facility and grounds to ensure a safe environment.
5. Empties trash containers.
6. Replenishes items needed in bathrooms and classrooms.
7. Maintains inventory of custodial supplies and other items as directed by the supervisor.
8. Follows a general maintenance schedule to ensuring all maintenance is performed to maximize the efficiency of the facility.
9. Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to keep in good repair and identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
10. May perform outside work such as lawn maintenance, landscaping and snow removal.
11. May perform general maintenance work including, but not limited to painting.
12. May perform minor repairs.
13. May assist in the coordination of building projects and renovations.
14. May perform deliveries.
15. May perform shipping and receiving duties.
16. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
17. The person in this position must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
18. Assist in the mobilization and documentation of matching-in-kind funds.
19. Fills in on a temporary basis for facility staff when the staff member needs to leave the classroom for a short duration.
20. Participates in staff meetings, committees and training sessions.
21. Assists with parent engagement
22. Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
23. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan. Actively engages in professional development activities in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others.