Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milton, DE 19968
Develops and implements individual and group educational plans for children, designed to promote social-emotional, physical, and cognitive growth in a manner appropriate to their stage of development. Provides leadership through active direction and direct supervision of assigned staff and Volunteers.
1. Develops individualized and group lesson plans and educational activities that promote all developmental areas to improve the readiness of children for school.
2. Guides and facilitates activities of the children including daily classroom activities and field trips. Uses creativity to provide healthy and safe activities that are developmentally and age appropriate.
3. Selects and sets up equipment and materials in the classroom. Ensures there is a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate learning environment.
4. Maintains accurate records, both on paper and in designated on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and families.
5. Plans, conducts and documents observations, assessments and screenings. Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child including weekly observations, examples of the child’s work, and developmental assessments.
6. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
7. Conducts home visits and parent conferences to discuss the child’s individual development and progress and assists parents in developing observational skills.
8. Provides guidance and technical advice to center staff. Works with the classroom staff and Volunteers to develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
9. Supervises Teachers and possibly other staff including participation in the recruitment/selection process for new hires, employee training, onboarding, conducting performance coaching/evaluation, compensation administration, delegation of duties and conflict resolution. Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.
10. Uses the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe.
11. Eats with and assists children in eating to teach social and self-help skills and sound nutritional practices.
12. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met, assisting children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
13. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their children including encouraging classroom involvement and home activities.
14. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
15. May assist in preparing meals.
16. May perform duties of other staff members (Bus Monitor, Center Aide, Teacher’s Assistant) in time of staff shortage.
17. May participate in supervising the Center Aides.
18. Assists in planning in-service training.
19. May assist in preparing and serving meals.
20. Inventories all classroom equipment and supplies annually.
21. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan for self and assigned staff. Actively engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
22. Fills in on a temporary basis when a staff member needs to leave the classroom for a short duration.
23. Participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
24. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children have left the program.
25. Keeps classroom clean and organized.
26. May translate.
27. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This position directly supervises others. This may include participation in the recruitment/selection process for new hires, employee training, onboarding, conducting performance coaching/evaluation, compensation administration, delegation of duties and conflict resolution. Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.
• Work is performed mostly inside the facility.
• Standing for prolong periods of time.
• Sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to 30 lbs), carrying, pushing and climbing.
• Riding in a bus for prolong periods of time with noise and vibration.
• Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to blood, other bodily fluids, cleaning chemicals and dirt.
• Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
• Where applicable, conduct home visits to customer residences, exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
• Regular attendance for this position is required, as regular attendance ensures we are providing the services we have committed to provide to the children and families we serve.