Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milton, DE 19968
Empower parents to establish a strong foundation for their child’s school readiness, using the family’s home environment to create rich learning opportunities. Provide comprehensive services that identify and meet the needs of the children and families.
1. Engage parents in their home environment for 90 minutes a week, working in coordination to plan and carry out weekly activities based on the child’s assessment, with a focus on school readiness.
2. Educates parents on child development, nutrition, safety, mental health, and the availability of resources in the community
3. Plans, conducts and documents observations, assessments and screenings. Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child including weekly observations, examples of the child’s work, and developmental assessments.
4. Works in coordination with team to plan and conduct group socialization activities for children and families that support the development of peer-group relationships and expose children to group setting. Ensure socialization environment meets program requirements.
5. Ensures that the physical needs of children are met, assisting children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, brushing teeth, and toilet habits.
6. Conducts family assessments, working in partnership parents to establish goals for child and family. Identifies available Head Start and community resources to match family needs. Provide support, make referrals and document progress on goal achievement.
7. Maintains accurate records, both on paper and in designated on-line systems. Maintains confidentiality regarding students and families.
8. Conducts outreach to recruit new families into the program.
9. Protects the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
10. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
11. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
12. May transport families in company vehicle for group activities.
13. Plans or participates in community events involving Head Start families to promote family engagement, interaction and education.
14. Participates in staff meetings, committees and training sessions.
15. May assist in preparing and serving meals.
16. Works in cooperation with supervisor to develop and document progress on professional development plan. Actively engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
17. Fills in on a temporary basis in times of staff shortage.
18. May translate.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others
Degree in a related field is defined as an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in a field other than child development or early childhood education that either includes or is supplemented by twelve (12) college credits in child development or early childhood education focusing on children birth to age five. At least 3 of those credits must be in ECE developmental foundations with an infant toddler focus.
Regular attendance for this position is required, as regular attendance ensures we are providing the services we have committed to provide to the children and families we serve.