Restaurant Manager - At The Rail Wine Bar & Grille
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19804
- Creates and ensures a fun-filled, entertaining and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
- Responsible for training and implementation of set standards to achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of merchandising techniques.
- Responsible for monitoring, controlling and reporting all cost associated with the Food & Beverage Outlets to be in compliance with established budgetary guidelines.
- Develop comprehensive training manual, implement intensive and continued training for staff including daily presentation and explanation of specials.
- Responsible for recruiting, direct supervision, staff training and coaching/discipline of all restaurant staff.
- Ensures* that staff evaluations are accurate, completed timely and detailed.
- Adheres to and administers established Food & Beverage Policies, Labor Laws, Liquor Laws and Delaware Sanitary Codes.
- Assists in establishing standards and procedures for ensuring proper sanitation and excellent customer service.
- Communicate (both written and verbal) with and promote positive team member and guest relations.
- Listens, evaluates, and responds to all guest complaints and inquiries and exercises good judgment in resolving same.
- Maintain professionalism at all times when working with other team members and/or guests.
- Promotes outstanding internal and external guest relations and internal teams.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years restaurant management experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check.
- Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintains confidentiality with regards to employee concerns and sensitive department information.
- Must possess strong leadership, interpersonal, customer relations and effective communications skills.
- Maintain established company and departmental uniform, appearance, and hygiene standards at all times.
- Experience with P.O.S System and PC related systems.
- Must be able to walk and stand for at least a full eight (8)-hour shift. Must be able to lift, up to 40 lbs in weight and be able to push or pull up to 50 lbs in weight throughout shift. Ability to bend, reach, pull, push, kneel, squat and grasp as needed .
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Station assignments covering large areas with long walking distances, Work areas could have high volumes, diverse clientele, noise, music, minimal and/or bright lighting and variation of climate control.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management is mandatory.
- Must be able to handle all types of guest related situations; relay all guest compliments and complaints to department management.