Associate I, Animal Care & Lab Support
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19702
Do you want to be part of an organization that is making a difference in the lives of millions of people worldwide? If so, we want to hear from you! If you are interested in starting a career in the bio-tech industry, our Animal Care and Lab Support Associate position may be just what you are looking for. Individuals in the entry-level position will be responsible for the care and husbandry of small rodents (mice & rats), as well as performing laboratory support functions.
You will be exposed to live animals, hazardous materials and/or chemicals, and extreme cold (freezers), and as such you should have no known allergies to rodents.
The schedule for this full time position is Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday, day shift, with flexibility to work expanded hours Friday/Monday/Tuesday, and shortened hours Saturday/Sunday.
Since its inception, QPS has been assisting pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies with their drug development efforts by providing a full range of Neuropharmacology, DMPK, Toxicology, Bioanalysis, Translational Medicine, Early Phase Clinical and Phase II – IV Clinical Research services. To meet the needs of our clients, we strive to employ talented, caring and committed individuals who will work collaboratively towards achieving our mission of improving human health and the quality of life.
Team members enjoy challenging and rewarding work, and are encouraged achieve their best. Underpinning the operation is a culture that values diversity, innovation, accountability, team work and a friendly atmosphere where performance is recognized and rewarded. We provide unique company benefits, training, and advancement opportunities. Most importantly, we value each of our team members as employees and as individuals.
If this sounds like your ideal work environment, then we would love to speak with you, so apply today!
Please visit our website (www.qps.com) for more information and to see all current openings.
Animal Care & Husbandry Functions (Weekends and Holiday duties)
• Perform all animal care and facility maintenance tasks, such as inventorying, ordering, tracking, receipt and husbandry of rats and mice in accordance with standards.
• Perform proper animal husbandry (food, water, bedding changes) according to established schedules
• Perform animal receipt and acclimation, to include initial health evaluation, gender determination, and documentation of animal weights
Laboratory Support Functions
• Perform sample management as needed
• Ordering and storing site supplies, to include lab/kitchen/office supplies, etc.
• Properly maintain, file and archive data related to documentation or study activities
Why You Should Apply
• Great learning opportunities, especially for those new to the field. Our seasoned professionals are here to support and work with you to explore your learning potential and career goals.
• Structured Career Ladders that provide excellent growth based on your personal aspirations.
• Bonuses and merit increases are a part of the QPS total rewards approach and are linked to individual, team and company performance.
• Solid Benefits package, including Company-matched 401(k), and Company-sponsored Group Life/AD&D and Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
• Park-like setting in Newark, Delaware
• Internal committees designed with the needs and enjoyment of QPS employees in mind.