Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bear, DE 19701
Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers Corporation, we’re changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets. Our customers demand high performance and reliability, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results. Integrity is at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust between our colleagues and our business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally, making a rewarding environment. To grow with a global, results-oriented company, explore our latest job listings.
The Operations Manager oversees manufacturing operations for successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety to ensure product efficiency. This role is responsible for meeting company objectives, ensuring customer satisfaction, and improving operational efficiencies. This position will be responsible for operations leadership in Bear, DE.
1. Build a culture of safety and drive to zero injuries.
2. Execute BU and Global Operations Annual Operating Plans.
3. Lead continuous improvement efforts in yield, scrap, productivity, on-time delivery, lead times, and inventory.
4. Lead the drive for “first time right” quality and implement the cost down road map, closely collaborating with Quality Systems organization to support, implement, and maintain quality systems.
5. Manage and leverage capabilities and capacities between the global manufacturing sites to gain efficiencies in productivity, quality and transportation.
6. Implement systems to ensure consistency between sites and sharing of best practices.
7. Close collaboration with Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Supply Chain to improve the ramp-up of new products and capacity requirements.
8. Support new product/new technology launches and drive process improvements.
9. Develop a high performing operations team by identifying and developing high potential employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering
- Operations experience to include engineering, production leadership, quality, safety, and equipment procurement
- 5 years’ experience managing an operation of 200 employees
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Customer-focused with superior skills in the areas of analytical thinking, consensus building, empowerment, strategic thinking, and constructively dealing with conflict
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve high standards as an individual and as a leader
- Demonstrated ability to persevere and succeed in the face of significant challenges and ambiguity
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 10 years’ operations experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Automotive and/or FR4 experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, we empower employees with a culture of excellence. Come join a winning team!
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable Advanced Connectivity and Advanced Mobility, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Arizona (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.rogerscorp.com.
Organization: Advanced Connectivity Solutions
Title: Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 2000000A