Live Operations Intern - Delmarva North
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Laurel, DE 19956
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Come join us at Perdue as a Live Production Intern for Summer 2020! The purpose of a Live Intern is to gain real world experience throughout a variety of areas within live production over an 8 – 10 week period. This opportunity will provide exposure to Hatcheries, Feed Mills, Grow-Out and Breeders.
What you can expect from a Perdue summer internship?
+ Competitive Pay
+ Hands-On, Real World Work Experience
+ In-Depth Exposure to Farm Operations
+ Housing Stipend for eligible students
This person will be based out of our Delmarva North Laurel, DE Live Production Facility.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops an understanding of the Live functions to include production processes, animal husbandry and technical skills.
2. Manage a project throughout the summer to improve overall live performance or address a business need relative to location.
3. Completion of weekly assessments to demonstrate learned material.
4. Rotation to include hatchery, feed mill, grow out, breeders and harvest facilities.
5. Will perform legitimate roles and responsibilities as needed in the business unit.
6. Will participate in learning events to develop an understanding of the Company, Agri Stats and soft skills training.
7. Must have a valid State Drivers License and be approved to drive a Company vehicle.
+ Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Poultry Science, Animal Science or related field.
+ Prefer GPA is 3.0 or higher.
+ Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
+ May be required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business.
+ Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.