Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Seaford , DE 19973
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world’s largest privately-held companies, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States.
INVISTA is among the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA’s businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA’s products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding-and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
JOB EXPECTATIONS AND TYPICAL FUNCTIONS:
The Operations Assistants are manufacturing positions which:
• Transport production and other materials from one location to another manually and using powered mobile equipment.
• Operate some production equipment.
• Perform general and detailed housekeeping.
• Identify and segregate product quality grades.
• Expected to do all work safely.
• Expected to work in a team environment with minimal supervisory guidance.
• Expected to have good verbal communication skills when working with other employees and interacting with a supervisor.
• Rotating 8-hour shift schedule requires employee to work nights, weekends and at least 75% of weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
• Schedule is subject to modification as production needs dictate.