Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
The Sales Associate position is responsible for delivering excellent Guest service and ensuring that Guests have a positive shopping experience in the store. The purpose of this position is to assist Guests and to support the management team in the day to day operations of the store.
• Acknowledge and greet all Guests in a pleasant and courteous manner, by name if possible and ensure all Guests receive prompt service in all areas of the store. Understand and respond to basic Guest inquiries regarding merchandise location and price, including sale items, payment methods and related inquiries. Communicate and sell the benefits the Company’s sales programs
• Move merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor according to Presentation Guidelines, and ensure proper merchandise presentation, applying basic merchandising concepts, through daily recovery of merchandise and fixtures
• Ensure all transactions (sales, returns, exchanges, etc.) are processed accurately, efficiently and according to Company policies and procedures
• Maintain a safe work environment according to Company policies and procedures
• Detect common signs of dishonest behavior, both internal and external
• Clean and maintain cash wrap areas, restock supplies and bags, and assist with general housekeeping responsibilities, such as including vacuuming, dusting, maintaining restrooms, etc.
• Follow all, relevant Company policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Confident and comfortable engaging Guests to deliver an elevated shopping experience
• Able to learn and recall details about all merchandise in the store, including its location, price, sales information, etc.
• Able to anticipate and solve problems and to take initiative and complete tasks or activities, without unnecessary supervision
• Able to work well independently and as part of a team
• Able to communicate in a clear, concise manner and to interpret direction
• Able to recognize dishonest or dangerous behavior either by guests or associates
• Able to understand and follow all Company policies and procedures, including Store Safety and
• Emergency procedures
• Must be able to read and evaluate merchandise presentations and other reports.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with Guests, associates, job applicants, etc.
• Must be able to stand and walk continuously for up to 6 hours.
• Must be able to climb a utility ladder to reach shelves and walls that are as high as 9 feet.
• Must be able to bend down to handle and move merchandise and other objects.
• Must be able to grasp, lift and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Must be able to grasp and manipulate small objects, such as pricing or security tags; must be able to use a pen and/or a keyboard.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of all expectations, activities, duties or responsibilities, which may change at any time, with or without notice. Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.