Director, Parking & Transportation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494634
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
Pay Grade: 34E
Context of the Job:
Under the limited direction of the Vice President, the Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership to Parking and Transportation Services. This position is responsible for administering and directing university-wide parking, transit/transportation and commuter functions. The Director exercises administrative oversight of the budgetary process and financial review.
The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of departmental policies; compliance with various contracts; enhance operations programs and meet financial objectives; maintain pace with industry standards and best practices; establish strategic goals; and provide the appropriate parking and transit needs for the campus. In addition, this position serves on various internal and external committees, makes recommendations on maintenance projects related to parking and administers the enforcement aspects of campus parking regulations.
Parking inventory includes approximately 10,000 parking spaces with three garages and over 90 surface lots. Transportation operations includes eleven fixed routes carrying over one million passengers annually. This position oversees 25 full time staff and over 70 part-time positions.
The Director is responsible for quality assurance and performance management in a complex, highly dynamic and emotionally charged operating environment. This position is a liaison with all levels of the UD Community, senior administration, outside governing bodies, vendors and contractors regarding issues such as state and/or federal transportation codes and laws
• Directs the administration and management of the parking and transportation services division; collaborates closely with other departments, units, management levels, student groups, faculty, and staff.
• Provides administrative oversight of the budget planning, expenditures, cost analysis, financial projections and rate increase proposals.
• Reviews facilities, maintenance and services on a regular basis while providing updates regarding progress on initiatives and goals.
• Formulates internal administrative and operational policies, regulations and procedures and oversees implementation.
• Develops long term and short-term goals, including alignment with the campus master plan’s transportation goals.
• Initiates policies and procedures that promote exemplary customer service while incorporating sound internal controls.
• Meets with academic and administrative officials to identify issues impacting parking and facilitate resolutions, reporting findings to the Vice President.
• Meets with constituents as needed to maintain routine and reliable service.
• Assesses service requirements, evaluates alternatives, identifies budgetary resources and coordinates with administrators to refine course of action that aid the interests of the University.
• Develops strategies to modify parking and transit/transportation programs to meet changing University requirements.
• Collects and analyzes relevant data on permit distribution, lot occupancy and ticketing trends.
• Supervises staff and provides operational training, education and instruction in the areas of organization, scheduling workload, customer service and other related office procedures and use of specialized software and equipment.
• Ensures operations are conducted and comply with all required safety regulations and university ethics policy guidelines.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with eight years’ experience related to position responsibilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Management knowledge and/or previous experience working in the higher education parking and transportation sector.
• Experience with fiscal planning and managerial oversight in service delivery operations.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
• Intermediate computer skills to include but not limited to proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheets and database.
• Experience in systems development, data analysis, customer service program development and management, and fiscal planning.
• Effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Human resources management skills, including a history of success coaching and mentoring, team building, and leading conflict resolution.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse higher education community.
• Valid driver’s license and regular access to private, reliable means of transportation in order to maneuver throughout the Newark campus, other locations, including other UD campus sites.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sk7pwr8ypmv8x27y