Architectural Building Envelope Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Architectural Building Envelope Specialist (Job Number: 207878W-01)
DuPont Performance Building Solutions has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Architectural Building Envelope Specialist, in the Western US commercial market.
This position will primarily focus on increasing sales and market share of DuPont Performance Building Solutions products by driving specifications at the architectural level including code officials and owner/developers. The chosen candidate will primarily focus on architects in the Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming metro areas.
• Use market data and contacts with key architects to identify construction projects where DuPont solutions can be used.
• Utilize customer relationship management tool to track projects through stages from pre-planning to construction with some on-site support.
• Develop a robust pipeline of projects where DuPont products are specified and coordinate with local sales team.
• Conduct training sessions for both architects and installers.
• Quick turnaround for problem resolution and project trouble-shooting.
• Provide input to pricing manager on competitive market actions.
• Support design community with building envelope technical expertise including architectural details, code consulting, and Pre-Construction activities utilizing DBS tools.
• Provide regular and consistent documented feedback on technical needs, new building envelope technologies, competitive solutions/systems, and strategic opportunities/partnerships for business growth.
• Become an industry ambassador within the design community and hold leadership positions in associations such as AIA, CSI, USGBC, IIBEC, etc.
• Collaborate with the other members of the regional sales team.
• BS degree required-Architecture or Architectural Engineering degree preferred
• Five years’ successful sales experience or building science technical support required
• English speaking
• Construction industry knowledge
• Understanding of Building Science desired
• High level of business strategy and market understanding
• Ability to be a strong customer advocate
• Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages while securing new opportunities
• Highly motivated and results-driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• High safety awareness and demonstrated personal safety engagement are required
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to
deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable
development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered
products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday
life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways
of digitally connecting to new tools that enable
active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working
with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers
that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation
& benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers
that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, actlike an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
Please access the following link to better
understand & appreciate DuPont’s
Journey at https://eidupont.scene7.com/is/content/eidupont/production/unstructured/DuPont.Now_Final_19Apr2019_TA.pdf :
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for ContactInformation at http://www.dupont.com/global-links/accessibility.html .
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at:
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here at http://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/corporate/careers/careers-landing/documents/DuPont-US-Affirmative-Action-Policy-August-2016-FINAL.pdf .
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Organization: Safety & Construction
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.