BARISTA - Monday through Friday
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
WILMINGTON, DE 19806
Posted Date: Dec 9, 2019
- We have an opening for a temporary BARISTA position.
- Location: 880 Powder Mill Road, Wilmington, DE 19803 /Note: online applications accepted only./
- Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Requirement: Great customer service skills.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 355689 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be “better-for-you” and the planet.
- Dedication to Quality
- Spirit of Ownership
- Commitment to Talent & Diversity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Passion for Hospitality
Full time associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items. Handles food according to HACCP guidelines and standards for quality food-service operations. Interacts with customers and other employees in a friendly, courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and charge payments.
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by establishing good communication and assisting in the buying decision-making process.
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 355689