Administrative Assistant II, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494632
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 26N
Context of the Job:
The Delaware Biotechnology Institute (DBI) is and interdisciplinary research unit at the University of Delaware. The vision is to create a better future through leadership in life science research. Most of DBI’s activities involve molecular and cellular studies of living systems and many, but not all, of the research activities involve partnerships with other institutions in the region. DBI’s mission is to promote research, education, and technology transfer for biotechnology applications to the benefit of the environment, agriculture, and human health. DBI fosters a collaborative and cutting-edge research environment, encourages innovation and technology transfer , and supports ground-breaking discoveries to benefit the environment, agriculture, and human health. DBI staff will be committed to being proactive in solving problems, serving the needs of the faculty and research groups that rely on DBI, and preforming all duties efficiently, with careful attention to detail, and with priority on issues that support the Institute’s mission and the team.
The Administrative Assistant II will serve as the first point of contact in the department and interacts with faculty, students, staff, visitors, external departments, and vendors. A high level of independent judgement, initiative, and problem-solving skills are required.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the Ammon Pinizzotto Biopharmaceutical Innovation Center. Receive and screen incoming calls, correspondence, forms, and assist with walk-ins. Provide assistance in the resolution of inquiries and problems.
• Answer inquiries within authorized limits; refers non-routine questions to appropriate person(s).
• Maintains calendars; arranges and coordinates meetings including space and equipment with internal and external constituents.
• Coordinate administrative aspects of special events organized by the department as assigned.
• Coordinates and schedules auxiliary services including catering.
• Oversee the operation, maintenance, and repairs of office systems and office equipment.
• Manages visitor management system and key tracking.
• Utilizes spreadsheets and database applications to track information regarding building residents.
• Serves a pro card support for the department and attends user group meetings.
• Communicates department/university policies and procedures in person and via correspondence.
• Assists with faxing, scanning, copying, word processing as necessary, operates standard office equipment. Oversee the completion of departmental copy requests and submit special requests to University Printing as appropriate.
• Maintain office supplies and key inventories for the building. Purchase and maintain office supplies and related inventory.
• Prepares and distributes e-mails to building residents and faculty.
• Creates, updates, and distributes flyers regarding special events and events taking place in other departments on campus and around the state.
• Maintains department contact database and updates reports (fire drill, mail, telephone, etc.)
• Receive mail and packages, prepare shipping labels as requested.
• Provides assistance as needed for departmental or visitor travel arrangements.
• Completes basic webforms including Journal Vouchers, Purchase Orders, and Cash Transmittals as needed.
• Provides administrative support to the DBI Director and Associate Directors.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED and two to three years of administrative experience.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data, make independent decisions, plan, assign, review, and evaluate the work of others.
• Ability to use advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheets database, and presentation software.
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with other people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Ability to make procedural decisions and judgements, analyze and solve problems, and prioritize, plan, and organize work.
• Requires the ability to lift and move with or without assistance, delivery boxes and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Must be available during non-business hours to occasionally assist with Convocation and other special department events as assigned.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x6ynypwyq4j83sgy