Transportation Router/Warehouse Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Seaford, DE 19973
Penco Corporation, a leading wholesale distributor of HVAC and plumbing supplies in its 70th year, is seeking a qualified Router/Warehouse Clerk for its fast-growing Seaford, Delaware location.
• Create efficient delivery routes, incorporating travel and service times, DOT restrictions and traffic patterns.
• Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
• Works with manager to coordinate best routes, while understanding staffing levels and drivers capabilities.
• Maximize truck capacity for most efficient routes
• Follow up with Drivers to communicate any areas of improvement or concerns regarding routes
• Ensure timely deliveries to customers with time constraints
• Coordinate pick up of returns while ensuring efficient routing and safe load transportation.
• Pull customer orders & transfers efficiently and accurately
• Assemble orders, transfers in identified lag area making sure they are properly packed and labeled
• Stack large orders on pallets and secure using stretch wrap
• Verify that product and product count is accurate
• Load must be stable & secure to prevent damage and to meet DOT requirements
• Daily checks on lift truck and battery if directed
• Accurate, efficient use of Eclipseand other technologies as required
• Experience with routing software preferred