Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Georgetown, DE 19947
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Administers necessary medical care to associates and others as required or assigned within the scope of nursing practice. Completes physical assessment sheet and reviews medical history. Records work related issues and reports OSHA recordable and workers’ compensation cases to the nursing supervisor. Assists with medical cost management.
This person will have a set weekly schedule for a certain amount of hours and must have flexibility to work on the weekends.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Administers medical care for work or non-work related injuries or illnesses by giving first aid treatment, following appropriate algorithm, or other medical directives or accepted nursing standards and sends to physician or health care facility as appropriate. Documents information. Enters data into HR/Payroll database and OHM (Occupational Health Management) systems. Completes necessary forms and informs nursing supervisor.
2. Performs physicals after reviewing history information with associate. Completes information on physical form and other forms as appropriate. Completes termination files. Assists with drug screens, TB skin testing, wellness programs, etc., as assigned by nursing supervisor.
3. Assists with medical cost management by early intervention in care of associates with constant follow up. Orders medical supplies as needed.
4. Assists with administration of medical LOAs under direction of Nurse/Wellness Center Supervisor to reduce time away from work. Processes physician’s notes appropriately.
5. Assists staff with systems for health improvement of associates at the facility, i.e., participation in and support with HIP.
+ Successful completion of an approved practical nursing program or college program or AA degree in a related field.
+ 5 plus years related work experience.
+ Current LPN license in state of practice.
+ Current certification in CPR in good standing.
+ Good verbal and written communication skills.
+ Phlebotomy skills
+ Bilingual Skills (Spanish/Haitian Creole)
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Majority of work activity is in an office, clinical environment.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.