Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milton, DE 19968
To accurately and efficiently locate underground facilities.
• Respond to Miss Utility and check leak requests during and after hours. Locate infrastructure for excavations.
• Assist with collecting construction as-built drawings.
• Assist with collecting GPS readings for Artesian assets.
• Assist with testing, sterilization, and sampling of Artesian assets.
• Investigate leaks, illegal hydrant and unmetered water usage.
• Investigate proposed services and main extensions.
• Assist with Preventative Maintenance.
• Participate in on call duties.
• Perform any and all other appropriate functions as required.
High School Diploma. Experience in locating underground utilities and working knowledge of GIS, Excel, Word, etc… Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Requires a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing and walking to perform utility mark outs, etc. Speaking, hearing, reading and writing are necessary to effectively communicate with contractors and other departments in the Company, prepare rough drawings of assets, etc… Visual acuity is required to read and prepare various reports. Responsibilities require advanced thought processes and learning abilities to permit the development of plans and courses of action from complex alternatives.
Requires ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Job requires exposure to outside environmental conditions such as extreme heat and cold along with proximity to moving mechanical parts, vibration, noise, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases.
ARTESIAN IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.