Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Drives company owned van, SUV or lightweight truck to deliver replacements parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles to customers. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely deliver auto parts in perfect condition to customers in a company owned vehicle.
- Build long-term relationships with customers delivered to.
- Provide prompt and courteous service in a professional manner that will leave a positive impression and a totally satisfied customer.
- Load truck with auto parts to be delivered and unload merchandise.
- Review all merchandise for quality and accuracy prior to accepting delivery.
- Ensure delivery schedule is set.
- Accurately record all deliveries and pickups made.
- May assist with customer service activities within retail parts location.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required
- 1-2 years’ delivery experience where timing is important
- Provides friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service in a way that results in a completely satisfied customer
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently
- Comfortable utilizing up sell techniques
- Ability to handle difficult customer service situations
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of operation and must meet the guidelines as outlined in the Motor Vehicle Policy
Physical Demands/Work Environment**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reporting: Store Manager of Parts
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Retail
Job Status: Part-time
Location Number: 10564
Location Name: AP DE Dover-10564