Registered Nurse, Operating Room
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
The Staff OR RN is a registered professional nurse who assumes responsibility for patient care during the perioperative period. He/she provides direct and indirect patient care involving knowledge of and ability to use the nursing process in assessing, diagnosing, planning, intervening and evaluating patient needs to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Adheres to hospital nursing practice standards, demonstrates appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Assesses the patient preoperatively. Reviews the health status of the patient and pending procedure and signs the preop surgical assessment check list. Properly communicates the necessary data to the appropriate individuals.
- Makes accurate and ongoing assessments of patient’s status and responds appropriately.
- Sets priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient’s needs following established physician’s preference file and by direct communication with surgeon or anesthesiologist.
- Documentation reflects patient status throughout perioperative process. Documentation reflects nursing intervention and patient’s response (when applicable). Documentation reflects patient’s needs, problems, and outcomes.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to assure the patient’s well-being and safety.
Job Number: 00175896
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift