Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
The Medical Receptionist will be responsible for the following:
- Answer telephones and schedule office appointments in computer system.
- Route messages appropriately for resolution.
- Scan medical documentation into Electronic Medical Record system.
- Assist patients with scheduling and billing issues.
- Verify patient demographics and billing information at each visit and enter correctly in system.
- Check Insurance eligibility and obtain referral if needed.
- Collect copayments at time of service.
- Reconcile billing and payments at the end of the day.
- Secure prior authorizations for services from insurance companies.
- Post charges accurately according to services provided and documented by physicians and any other duties assigned.
- Knowledge of Saint Francis clinical policies and procedures as well as OSHA, HAZMAT, and Joint Commission safety and quality standards.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Job Number: 00172870
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Full time