Registered Nurse - Bariatric Registrar
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
The facility and its medical staff provide the structure, process, and personnel to obtain and maintain the quality standards of the MBSAQIP in caring for metabolic and bariatric surgical patients. The MBSCR’s key responsibility is to collect and submit accurate, complete, and timely data to the MBSAQIP Data Registry Platform. This task is accomplished through high-quality data compilation, documentation, and entry of 100 percent of metabolic and bariatric procedures performed at the Center into the MBSAQIP Data Registry Platform. The MBSCR works closely with the members of the metabolic, bariatric and general surgery departments to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects that may be identified.
Data Collection and Reporting:
1) Identifies 100 percent of metabolic and bariatric surgery patients for inclusion in the MBSAQIP data registry.
2) Collects preoperative, intraoperative, 30-day postoperative, and long-term (six month and annual thereafter) follow-up data components for the program through the effective utilization of the hospital medical record systems and through a coordinated effort with individual surgeon office staff.
3) Identifies streamlining and process improvement opportunities in the data collection process.
4) Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources necessary to obtain valid, reliable data for entry into the program. 5) Utilizes software applications for data collection and analysis.
6) Responsible for the accurate, complete and timely entry of data into the program’s database.
Work Effectively with Hospital and Individual Surgeon Office Staff:
1) Establishes effective working relationships with members of the hospital community, especially staff in the surgery, medicine, nursing, medical records, and information systems departments and individual bariatric surgeons’ offices whose support is necessary for the management and success of the program.
2) Serves as an educational resource on the MBSAQIP Data Registry Platform for internal and external audiences by developing educational material and delivering presentations.
**_**Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:_
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Delaware
- Clinical knowledge and understanding of patient care; Familiarity with OR reports, wounds, sepsis, etc.
- Computer knowledge; ability to learn and utilize new software and Web applications for data entry and report generation; experience with Microsoft Office and basic statistical skills.
- Hospital systems knowledge; ability to track health information through various sources such as medical records, surgery clinics, direct patient contact, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in reporting relevant information in regards to bariatric and metabolic data (such as quality management, infection control, morbidity and mortality, etc).
- Completed the MBSCR Online Training Program.
Job Number: 00174815
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift