Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Addison, Texas;Plano, Texas; Newark, Delaware; Agoura Hills, California
Hadoop Developer with NLP and Data / text mining skills able to work in one or more than one projects in the Hadoop data lake, including technical deliverables as per business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Sound understanding and experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera). Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand.
2. Experience in working with a Big Data implementation in production environment
3. Experience in HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, impala, Linux/Unix technologies is mandatory
4. Experience in Flume/Kafka/spark is an added advantage
5. Experience in Unix shell scripting is mandatory
6. Able to analyze the existing shell scripts/python/perl code to debug any issues or enhance the code
7. Sound knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems.
8. Strong IT consulting experience in various data warehousing engagement, handling large data volumes, architecture big data environments.
9. Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and software development in a team environment.
10. Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise.
11. Lead and assist with the technical design/architecture and implementation of the big data cluster in various environments.
12. Able to guide/mentor development team for example to create custom common utilities/libraries that can be reused in multiple big data development efforts.
13. Exposure to ETL tools e.g. data stage, NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
14. Work with line of business (LOB) personnel, external vendors, and internal Data Services team to develop system specifications in compliance with corporate standards for architecture adherence and performance guidelines.
15. Provide technical resources to assist in the design, testing and implementation of software code and infrastructure to support data infrastructure and governance activities.
16. Support multiple projects with competing deadlines
17. Experience in Natural Language processing using Python, R etc creating NLP models.
1. Previous experience in the financial services industry
2. Broad BofA technical experience and good understanding of existing testing/operational processes and an open mind on how to enhance those
3. Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
4. Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the “EEO is the Law” Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .