Licensed Veteinary Technician-Emergency
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
BluePearl Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware is seeking a qualified and experienced Veterinary Technician for its busy emergency and critical care service. We are searching for someone with at least 4 years’ of experience and he/she must be licensed and/or certified as a Technician. This position requires flexibility to work overnights and/or weekends.
- Are you a passionate technician looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field?
- Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry?
- Are you eager to learn and grow in the veterinary health industry?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
As an Emergency Technician you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Triage emergency cases as they arrive rapidly through our doors.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Understand classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Have the ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exams; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possess a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Intubate patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training*.*
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- experienced veterinary social workers on staff
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
Learn more about the New Castle hospital here!
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
/BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace./
Job: Vet Technician
Title: Licensed Veteinary Technician-Emergency
Location: Delaware-New Castle-150074 New Castle De
Requisition ID: 150007O9