Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
To be responsible for managing projects as assigned from their inception through construction and occupancy. To program required space, provide architectural/engineering design, including supervision of architects, consulting engineers, scheduling, budgeting, cost estimating, preparation of bidding and construction documents contract administration, construction supervision (as owner’s representative) and cost control.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops with the project’s administrative sponsor (Vice President/Department Head) the project organization (project design team) and development schedule. Calls and chairs meetings of the design team; prepares meeting agendas; prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Develops with design team the functional requirements (program) of the project and prepares a preliminary budget estimate for project control.
- Develops the overall design concept for the project.
- Prepares in sequence, schematic, preliminary design and working drawings for the project. Alternatively acts as primary liaison between CCHS and consulting architectural and engineering firms. Obtains approval of the administrative sponsor and design team at each stage of design development.
- Supervises and integrates the work of consulting engineers in the overall project design.
- Prepares a construction and project cost estimate based on the final approved design drawings.
- Prepares bidding and construction documents including construction contracts, working drawings and specifications.
- Receives and analyzes bids for construction work. Recommends successful bidder to Vice President, Design & Construction for award of contract.
- During construction, administers the contract as the owner’s representative for the ChristianaCare; supervises work of contractors, recommends changes in the work, approves progress payments, maintains cost control and accepts finished work for the owner.
- Represents the ChristianaCare in relationships with various city, county state and federal agencies, Delaware Department of Health, Building Inspector and Fire Marshal.
- Assures contractors perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to self, other employees, patients or visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of architecture or engineering
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible architectural or engineering experience.
- Prior responsibility for architectural or engineering design of new and remodeled construction work.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.