Senior Manager, Sales Training
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Senior Manager, Sales Training
Regional Sales Administration
Incyte Corporate Headquarters
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Job Summary (Primary function)
The Senior Manager, Commercial Training is responsible for meeting and exceeding the Sales and Management training requirements of the Commercial organization.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Be a subject matter expert and product/disease state lead as assigned by Director.
- Design, develop and deliver training curriculum and content which may include disease state, clinical, strategic and/or skill based training.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of training programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, and other training materials.
- Manage vendors when designing and developing training content.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Work with Director and sales management to institute specific metrics and measurements to assess the success of training activities.
- Learn new disease state and clinical materials in preparation for Launch training.
- Manage classroom environment in a manner that allows representatives to meet learning objectives.
- Coach and provide feedback to representatives during training sessions.
- Design and coordinate In-House phased training to include planning, curriculum development, logistics management, and effective execution.
- Design and execute National/Regional Sales Meeting training workshops.
- Manage training projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process.
- Facilitate live and virtual training sessions of varied sizes.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Marketing, Field Sales Management, Sales Operations, Medical, etc.) to build and provide training to support corporate strategy.
- Partner with other members of the Commercial Training team during design, development and executions of training.
- Act as a resource for the field force by actively participating in all sales meetings and routine field rides.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 years successful sales experience in hematology/oncology/ immune-oncology is preferred.
- 3 years in a former training experience preferred (Regional Trainer, Home-office trainer, Preceptorship, etc.).
- High level of professionalism and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Exceptional presentation/facilitation skills and written communication skills to varying management levels.
- Ability to work in a cross functional and matrix environment.
- Ability to be strategic and creative in the design of training programs.
- Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize concurrent projects.
- Must be able to self-motivate and demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to perform effectively with limited supervision.
- Proven success at performing responsibilities with a high degree of flexibility, objectivity, discretion, appropriate demeanor, and professionalism.
- Expertise with key software is preferred (e.g. MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Webex, Outlook, LMS).
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
Incyte Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.