Exercise Technician | 15 to 20 Hours/Week | Brandy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
ChristianaCare is currently seeking an Exercise Technician to work approximately 15 to 20 hours per week at Brandywine Rehabilitation Services site. Hours for this position are flexible. The site is open Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
To provide supportive services in the Physical Therapy Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the therapist in treatment preparation for group or individual sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to, hot and cold packs, routine follow-up exercises, ambulation, and whirlpool.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly fashion, safe for patient care. Cleans and prepares equipment for patient use.
- Maintains a current inventory of patient supplies and equipment.
- Assists therapists in medical equipment ordering.
- Monitors patient flow within the department; occasionally assisting with patient transport. May assist with community outings.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices and infection control policies. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, hazards, or safety violations that might cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a pre-PT program through an accredited University is preferred.
- Previous experience working or volunteering in a Physical Therapy setting is preferred.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.