Academic Support Coordinator, Mathematical Sciences
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494587
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Student Affairs & Services, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
Under limited supervision, the Academic Support Coordinator manages the Department’s full-time and part-time graduate program, provides quality graduate student advising, and supports the graduate student program and other related graduate student activities as needed. This support is from the pre-admission stage through graduation. The Academic Support Coordinator conducts special studies as required to include summarization, analysis, and interpretation of data related to graduate programs. This position guides the HR processor in graduate student payroll for the submission of the graduate contract, tuition contract, and stipends. This position also works with the graduate committee in compiling the annual graduate newsletter. In addition, the Academic Support Coordinator works with other University offices and departments to facilitate graduate funding.
• Provides advisement to prospective and currently enrolled graduate students. Meets with walk-in visitors, prospective students, newly admitted students, and others regarding academic requirements, career opportunities, and University resources. Assists graduate students and faculty advisors with registration issues, drop/add, change of registration without penalty, and registration holds. Provides coordination and support to ensure graduate student progress toward degree completion and graduation.
• Manages and updates graduate student records and files. Checks forms for completeness and accuracy including application for advanced degree and change of classification forms. Verifies that degree requirements for graduation have been met. Responds to inquiries, investigates, and resolves problems related to graduate transactions handled by the department. Interprets and explains college and University policies and procedures to faculty and graduate students.
• Supports graduate student recruiting and orientation processes. Prepares and updates recruiting and program brochures and information. Organizes and manages graduate student recruitment events and graduate student orientation week. Organizes and directs efforts to recruit graduate students who are underrepresented minorities for the department and assists other units at the University with similar efforts.
• Compiles, verifies, and analyzes reports regarding the graduate program including statistical reports. Keeps records on placement of graduates and records on graduate student funding. Prepares administrative forms that may contain confidential information.
• Maintains a spreadsheet of all students receiving funding from college, research, fellowships, and graduate office sources.
• Works with the Director of Graduate Studies on edits to the UD Course Catalog to reflect all changes in graduate course descriptions and degree requirements.
• Serves as a liaison with the Graduate college and other departments and units on and off-campus in the resolution of day-to-day administrative, procedural, and operational issues regarding the graduate program.
• Assists graduate students with travel needs and funding for attendance and participation at local conferences and seminars.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, with three to five years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, and spreadsheets or databases. Experience with UDSIS, Grad program SLATE, Cognos, UDataglance, and HR web forms/ web views, and HR Labor Allocation Module (LAM) preferred.
• Effective leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
• Ability to grasp, retain, and disseminate an extensive and varied body of information.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and employ decision making skills.
• Knowledge of academic standards governing student probation, suspension, and/or expulsion and student recruitment and retention issues.
• Advanced working knowledge of advisement policies, procedures, systems, regulations, and standards at the university level.
• Proficient computer skills including use of presentation software, Excel, Access. Experience with UDSIS preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kcfv2z4v4wxyh5nh