Postdoctoral Fellow - Exosomes in Immuno-Oncology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Postdoctoral Fellow – Exosomes in Immuno-Oncology
Incyte Corporate Headquarters
Incyte is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and autoimmunity. Incyte is committed to the rigorous pursuit of research and development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a difference in health care, and build sustainable value.
The Company strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small molecules.
Post-doctoral fellow – Exosomes in Immuno-Oncology
We are now seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Incyte Post-Doctoral research program. The successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team of dedicated scientists to study the potential of exosomes as therapeutics and/or diagnostics for human disease. An initial area of research will be in immuno-oncology applications studying the ability of novel therapeutic agents to target exosomes using preclinical tumor models and ex-vivo assays. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the characterization of exosomes in specific disease indications (using patient’s samples) to uncover novel targetable pathways or biomarkers for patient population identification.
The candidate will be strongly encouraged to attend and present the results of the research at major (inter)national conferences. He/she will have the opportunity to collaborate with various group across the discovery organization (including pharmacology, antibody therapeutic and translational sciences) and gain insights in the drug discovery and development process.
- Strong scientific background with a Ph.D. and up to 2 years of post-doctoral experience associated with a demonstrated track record of performing excellent science
- A strong immuno-oncology background is required, with molecular biology experience preferred
- Expertise in liquid biopsy and/or exosomes research is preferred
- Ability to independently design, execute and interpret research. Working knowledge in flow cytometry, proteomics and in vitro/ex vivo cell based assay is required.
- The candidate will need to be a dynamic and innovative scientist possessing:
- the ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish predefine goals
- a high level of emotional intelligence and willingness to work closely and collaboratively with other functional groups both internal and external to the company
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
We appreciate, celebrate, and thrive on one another’s differences and strengths and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. By valuing diversity of backgrounds and perspectives and prohibiting all forms of harassment, we are able to promote a collaborative and innovative work environment in which everybody can contribute to their fullest potential.