Registered Nurse - Midnight Shift - 3D Nursing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care Health System, a Magnet health care organization with over 1,100 beds between its two hospitals (Christiana Hospital & Wilmington Hospital) and the only Level I trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia & Baltimore, has been honored repeatedly as “One of America’s Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Twice Recognized as Magnet Status Hospital.
- Growth Opportunities defined by our Clinical Ladder.
- Generous PTO, Competitive pay with shift differentials & Robust Benefits Package.
We are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse to work 36 hours per week on the Midnight shift in our Transitional Medical Unit at Christiana Hospital in Newark, DE.
In this role you will work closely with the interdisciplinary team including nursing, case management, social work, pharmacy, hospitalists, and consultants such as Pulmonologists, Nephrologists, Cardiologists, and Infectious Disease. You will utilize your critical thinking and clinical expertise to assess, plan, and deliver individualized care to high acuity medical/pulmonary patients.
You will see a range of diagnoses including ventilator dependent respiratory failure, COPD, Pulmonary Hypertension, Acute Renal Failure, GI Bleed, DKA, Sepsis, and many others. TMU nurses are highly skilled in complex patients and procedures, and are skilled in ventilator management, trach care, suctioning, and wound care.
You will deliver holistic patient care that is patient and family centered, ensure patient comfort, and provide education related to medications and disease process. In addition, you will closely monitor patients and manage emergencies. Once stabilized, you will assist with the transition of patients to the appropriate level of care.
- BSN Preferred
- Commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire can be considered with relevant experience.
- Registered Nurse with 2 years of clinical experience, critical care a plus
- BLS Required
- ACLS preferred, and required within 6 months of hire
- Specialty certification preferred (PCCN, CCRN, RN-BC)
Qualities & Experience We are Looking For
- Excellent communication & problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with an interdisciplinary team
- A positive outlook and willingness to embrace change
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.