Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hockessin, DE 19707
POSITION TITLE: Housekeeper - – -
DEPARTMENT: Housekeeping – - -
FLSA: Non-exempt – - -
SUPERVISOR: Director of Housekeeping – - –
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable – - -
Revised: October, 2015 – - -
POSITION SUMMARY – - -
Performs housekeeping and laundry functions throughout the community in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members. – - -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – - -
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
• Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners. Rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
• Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
• Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamps, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
• Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
• Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
• Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
• Responsible for collecting, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry.
• Responsible for maintaining the commercial laundry in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
• Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
• Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are kept out of the way at all times, not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
• Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Lead Housekeeper.
• Other duties as assigned. – - –
QUALIFICATIONS – - -
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. – - -
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous housekeeping experience preferred. – - -
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Language Ability:
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Cognitive Demands:
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization’s goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
o Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
o Ability to handle multiple priorities.
o Competent in organizational, time management skills.
o Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision. – - -
ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTABILITY – -
• Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
• May need to walk outside to other buildings, apartments or villas.
• Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
• Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
• Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual. – - -
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – -
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.