Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
To provide operational support to the Financial Accounting & Reporting Department with primary focus on preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to a monthly close schedule, performing financial statement analysis, recording journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates and completes the monthly financial statement close process.
- Prepares month-end and year-end financial statements and reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This includes the preparation of a complete set of financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Changes in Net Assets, and the Statement of Cash Flows) with accompanying notes.
- Performs financial statement analysis.
- Performs special assignments involving detailed research.
- Answers financial and accounting questions by interpreting data and, with a thorough understanding of the business, prepares written analysis of the business transactions that drive financial statement results.
- Prepares general ledger entries.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations.
- Generates reports from the general ledger accounting system.
- Develops and maintains supporting documentation for all aspects of job functions.
- Assists with providing support for the annual external audit.
- Identifies and proposes process improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting.
- One year accounting experience or a history of accounting internships preferred.
- Healthcare financial or related experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- New grads welcomed to apply!
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.