Software Engineer (Mobile Platform)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R84360
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer (Mobile Platform)
Do you believe that your customers should have an error free and fast user experience, and that when errors do happen, they should be detected and fixed quickly? Do you believe that your fellow engineers should enjoy building features on the mobile platform? Do you believe that the development, testing, and release processes should be quick and easy? If you do, then the Mobile Platform Engineer role is for you! As a member of the Consumer Bank Mobile Platform Team, you will be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities in the platform and addressing them, improving the development process, collaborating with enterprise mobile platform team, championing best practices, conducting code reviews, as well as working with and mentoring mobile engineers on feature teams.
The person we’re looking for:
- Is passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production
- Has depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- Believes that good software development includes good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years experience in software development
- At least 1 year experience building native mobile apps for iOS or Android
- 4+ years of experience in agile development and methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience with test automation frameworks (Cucumber, Mountebank, or similar)
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing mobile software solutions at scale
- 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience presenting at conferences and meetups
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.