Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
Job DescriptionBASIC RESPONSIBILITY
In addition to the following, employees are responsible for understanding the relevance and importance of the individual’s activities in contributing to food safety, and reporting situations that may impact food.
To support all manufacturing areas by repairing, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance on all packaging related equipment and systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to a packaging maintenance supervisor and interacts with all hourly and salaried maintenance and production personnel. Quickly and accurately troubleshoot major packaging equipment problems. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance on equipment. Work with the packaging maintenance supervisors in developing and implementing new ideas that will help drive improved productivity. Ensure that all spare parts stocking levels are adequate to fully support all packaging equipment. Perform regular reviews of machine performance, identifying problems and concerns and recommending and/or implementing technological changes to improve overall performance. Actively participate in an aggressive self-development training program that will be designed to dramatically increase one’s technical proficiencies.
COMPANY WIDE POLICIES
Complies with all government regulations pertaining to Occupational Health and Safety, etc. Attends start of shift QCD meetings and discuss suggestion and safety issues when appropriate. Complies with all company rules, policies, procedures, and programs. Assists in supporting the company’s preventative maintenance program. Maintains company standards for housekeeping in everyday work routine. Plant GMP/PPE Compliance Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) standards as outlined in the plant’s QRMP accountability document, including the implementation, improvement and ongoing maintenance
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the various PLC controllers installed within the facility including but not limited to:
- SLC 500 Processors, PLC 5 Processors, MicroLogix Processors, CompactLogix Processors, ControLogix Processors, SLC 150 Processors.
- Sercos Amplifier Modules, discrete I/O Modules, Analog I/O Modules, RTD Input Modules, High Speed Input Modules and Various Communication Modules.
- Ethernet I/P Communications, DeviceNET Communications, ControlNet Communications, RS232 Serial Communication, Data Highway + Communications and Data Highway 485 Communications.
- PLC Programming Ranging From Simple Bit Instructions to Complex ones such as; Boolean Math Functions, PID Loops Programming, Conditional Programming, Modular Programming, Add-On Instruction Programming and Definition, System File Manipulation, Timer and Counter Programming, Analog Scaling and Conversion, A/D and D/A Conversion, Program Control Functions and Motion Programming.
- Vision System Programming such as Wonder Ware Factory Suite, RSView 32, FactoryTalk ViewME, and PanelView, PanelView+ Programming.
- Maintain a PLC, VFD, HMI, and Stand-alone controller (e.g. chart recorders) back-up and restoration procedure for all software
- Develop, implement and maintain a protocol for all PLC, HMI, VFD, and Stand-Alone controller (e.g. chart recorders) software changes.
- Maintain calibration procedures (or optimize existing PM procedures) for various types of instrumentation throughout the facility (e.g. temperature sensing devices, pressures, vacuum and pressure transducers, flow meters, etc.)
- Lift 50 pounds
- Constant bending and twisting; Able to reach above shoulders.
- Able to climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch occasionally.
- Able to become certified to operate a hand truck.
- Able to become certified in man-lifts.
- Able to work any shift and overtime when needed.
- Use simple mathematics on a periodic basis.
- Knowledge of 240/480V systems
- Ability to troubleshoot ladder logic and make edits as required
- Able to work in areas that contain dust particles.
- Able to work in hot and humid conditions.
- Occasional exposure to seasonal conditions such as rain, snow, wind, humidity and sun.
- Standing, occasional walking, some lifting, and ascending and descending stairs. Exposure to seasonal temperatures. Working around moving equipment, working from ladders.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- The personal protective equipment described here are representative of those an employee must/might use to successfully perform the functions of this job safely.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear company authorized safety shoes; regularly required to use company authorized hearing protection.
- The employee is frequently required to wear company-authorized safety glasses; frequently required to wear gloves.
- The employee is occasionally required to use a respirator. Hairnets and beard nets are required.
Location(s)Dover Plant*Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity*
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.