Lead Customer Service Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to deliver an exceptional customer experience in our stores, providing guidance to other associates within the store, maintaining strong individual sales performance levels and merchandising inventory.
- Provide sales guidance to associates on the sales floor
- Manage customer interaction — maintain a strong individual sales presence by assisting customers to ensure they receive the level of service needed
- Learning — continue education to hone product, sales, and leadership skills. Continual learning through certification and continuing education process
- Assist with the execution of all tasks to ensure the store is ready to conduct business (e.g. replenish displays, filling holes and ensuring displays are functional)
- Hold “The Mic” to drive sales when scheduled, acting as a role model for sales productivity and behaviors
- Ensure price updates are executed and POP standards are maintained in accordance with daily merchandising standard
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Skilled knowledge of Musical Instruments sold within Guitar Center (Guitars, Drums, Tech, etc.)
- Coaching: Able to provide effective coaching and guidance to others. Able to lead by example and serve as a positive role model for productivity and behaviors.
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales and leadership.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
At the specialist level, the incumbent’s skills are applied to providing strategic orientation for the purposes of complex projects and analyses. These projects stand out due to their exceptional or novel nature and the major impact they have on the organization. Specialists are able to go beyond their fields of expertise to make connections with other fields.
Standing required 28% of the time. Walking required 27% of the time. Bending/Squatting and climbing required 15% of the time, respectively. Lifting required 10% of the time. Sitting required 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.