Assistant Senior Auditor - R10990
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Responsible for the execution of audits across a defined audit portfolio to deliver a quality product in line with department and industry standards and expectations. Responsible for ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring of their applicable audit portfolio. Provides the opportunity to gain an understanding of M&T’s businesses, support functions, and internal control framework.
Successful Audit Plan Completion
- Independently execute assigned audit tasks in a risk focused manner while maintaining independence and adhering to department and professional industry standards.
- Assist in drafting recommendations for improvement where issues are identified.
- Organize and complete work within established budget and time frames under direction of a supervisor.
- Consider opportunities for the use of data analytics throughout the audit process.
- Demonstrate support for the department’s strategic objectives.
Leadership, Decision Making, and Communication
- Proactively communicate with senior members of the audit team regarding the status of assigned audit tasks and potential issues identified.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Serve as a resource to junior members of the audit team.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for executing and documenting audit testing to support the delivery of high quality, value-added audit reports for a variety of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Audit Committee and regulatory expectations.
This position directly communicates primarily with Middle and Line Management.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance, Technology, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Statistics or other related technical field and 2 years of relevant work experience. In lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 6 years higher education and/or work experience including 2 years of relevant work experience.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Related certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, CAMS or similar)
MBA or Master’s degree in an appropriate field
Financial Services Industry experience preferred