2020 Summer Lifeguards Wanted
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Get ready to spend your summer earning cash, gaining experience, and enjoying the outdoors! We are STILL hiring for 2020 Summer Lifeguards and we want you to apply today!
We are closely monitoring the news as the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) progresses.
NOTHING is more important to us than the safety of our staff and clients. We don’t expect applicants to complete the in-person lifeguard training skills or show up for a shift until the health authorities allow it and we’ve made accommodations for our staff and pool users as directed.
Now is the perfect time to complete the hiring process and begin your training to make sure you are in the best position to start working when the time comes. From online applications to virtual interviews, we changed our hiring process to keep moving forward during this time of social distancing. Take advantage of this opportunity to join our team from the safety and comfort of your own home!
Whether you’re a student or adult looking for a summer job, you’ve come to the right place! We have summer lifeguard positions available all over the country, check out our jobs page to see if one of our pools is hiring near you.
As a certified summer lifeguard, your primary responsibility is to maintain a safe swimming environment by enforcing all rules and regulations of the pool and surrounding area.
In addition to rule enforcement, a certified pool lifeguard may be responsible for chemical maintenance and record-keeping. A lifeguard is also responsible for inspecting the facility on a daily basis and reporting any unsafe conditions or faulty equipment to the office.
Why Become a Lifeguard with Guard for Life, an American Pool program?
- Guard for Life has lifeguard positions all over the country for indoor, outdoor, seasonal, part-time, full-time, and more!
- A lifeguard is a fun and flexible position with great pay rates!
- A lifeguard position looks great on resumes and college applications, displaying responsibility and dedication.
- Guard for Life offers a variety of training courses to help you learn and keep you up to date on the best Lifeguard practices.
- The perfect job for high school students, college students, and adults with flexible schedules.
- A lifeguard position can be seasonal or year-round depending on availability in your area.
- American Pool companies provide opportunities for advancement. A lifeguard can move up to become a head lifeguard, supervisor, staffing assistant, lifeguard instructor, and other great aquatics positions!
To be a Lifeguard, you must:
- Be a minimum of 15 years old (16 in NY, CT and VA)
- Have or obtain Lifeguarding, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills
Lifeguard Training Available
- We offer discounted Lifeguard training and CPR certification courses for employees! Some areas may require additional training, apply today for more information.
For more information please go to https://guardforlife.com/RMS