Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Ashland Specialty Ingredients, GP
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we?d like to meet you and bet you?d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a?Quality Technician to join our?Aquarius business at our Wilmington, DE Facility. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Quality function. This position will report to?Quality Assurance Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain compliance with all health, safety and environmental procedures and guidelines
- Conduct raw material testing per the associated work instruction
- Conduct In process and finished goods testing per the associated work instruction
- Prepare laboratory batches for new and existing products as needed
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly calibration verifications as per the schedule
- Provide support through performing complaint investigations
- Review batch records and perform final product release through iLIMS as needed
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping assignments
- Perform and assist in miscellaneous QA activities including new product set up, customer information requests, training, internal audits, and process improvement activities
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies, raw materials for laboratory batches and laboratory chemicals
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as needed
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Laboratory cGMP
- Knowledge of Laboratory Safety
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to read, interpret, and report data
- Regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Work Instruction (WI)
- Strong attention to details
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- BS in Chemistry or Biology or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with SAP and LIMS
- At least two years laboratory experience in a regulated industry
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: ?We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.