System Engineer/Senior Systems Engineer | Heart an
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
Christiana Care’s IT department is looking for a Senior Application Analyst/System Engineer responsible for devising, designing, and driving business process innovation with a focus on the Heart and Vascular Service Line. In this role you will work as part of the Information Technology team to implement applications, resolve application problems and support operations of assigned software.
- Identify management requirements and operating problems, and define alternatives and the recommended solution in terms of management information needs.
- Use current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and ensures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of Christiana Care.
- Seeks input from other Christiana Care technical resources and/or vendor input to resolve application issues when appropriate.
- Develops expertise in the applications used in the supported departments. Becomes knowledgeable regarding the departmental work processes and the overall IS environment. Uses this knowledge to ensure that systems operation contributes to optimization of work processes and patient care.
- Supports desktop, hardware, and network upgrades performed by other IS groups by providing information about the applications and IT environment in the supported departments.
- Provide IT on-call support for the Imaging/Cardiology/Cancer center issues for evening and daytime hours.
- Support the key software systems used by the Christiana Care Xcelera, XIM, PaceArt, Syntrac and iSite
- Manage integration between Cardiovascular systems and others (e.g. PowerChart, DHIN)
- As we move to a more tightly integrated system with Cerner PowerChart Cardiovascular, this role is key to working with the new vendors and implementing the software components.
- Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience in project management is desirable.
- Experience in a hospital or healthcare environment is desirable.
- Experience in a Cerner PowerChart environment is desirable.
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows 2012 and 2016 server OS, SQL 2012 and 2016, Citrix XenApps, Active Directory and anti-virus
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.