Licensed Practical Nurse - AL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19803
Foulk Manor North is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 160 units offering independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s care, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team!
- Institutes appropriate nursing intervention which might be required to stabilize a resident’s condition and/or prevent complication.
- Makes daily resident rounds to interview physical and emotional status and to implement any required nursing interventions.
- Responds to resident and family concerns and ensures that each concern is documented and a resolution is initiated or communicated to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Obtains report from nurse he or she is relieving, provides report to nurse coming on duty and keeps the charge nurse or others (as appropriate) informed about the status of residents and related matters.
- Prepares, administer and documents medications following accepted practices.
- Consults with licensed or registered nurse, physician or licensed independent practitioner.
- Clarifies any order or treatment regimen believed to be inaccurate, ineffective or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Licensed L.P.N., preferably with experience in long-term care of geriatric nursing.
- 2-4 Years of experience required.
- Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
Evening*About Five Star*
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents’ independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, “Connections” our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.