Research Lab Tech
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19711
A position is open for a Research Technician to join Fraunhofer USA’s Center for Molecular Biotechnology.
The successful candidate will assist scientists to purify and characterize proteins produced in various expression systems and formulate them for vaccine applications. The primary responsibilities include lab maintenance, preparation of buffers, filtration, extraction, chemical solution preparation. These responsibilities require:
• Strong calculation skills.
• Understanding of basic chemistry laboratory techniques (pH, pipetting, handling general chemicals)
• Strong understanding of media preparation and chemical solution preparation.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently while following established procedures.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
• Cooperate in ensuring a safe laboratory environment.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology or a related field with 0-2 years of experience.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a group in a diverse, fast-paced lab environment.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is a Federal Contractor