Professional Development Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494527
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Trainers & Educators, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
This position is a full-time grant-funded position.
The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS) within the College of Education and Human Development is a diversified Department with undergraduate and graduate programs that require a close working relationship with the State of Delaware, Federal Agencies, local school systems, and numerous Health and Service agencies.
The Department houses the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood, supporting the workforce and programming services for children aged six weeks to twelve years of age in early care and education; the quality-assured Professional Development for child-care programs and the Delaware Stars for Early Success Program.
The Professional Development Coordinator works under the general direction of the DIEEC’s Director of Professional Development.
• Develop, design, and coordinate the delivery of professional development content appropriate to the early-education and school age audiences following quality-assurance system requirements. Professional development will be designed using an array of educational technology.
• Coordinate, modify and adapt professional development techniques and delivery mechanisms.
• Establish strategic and technical plans for planning, implementing, and evaluating professional development efforts to early-education and school age childcare programs.
• Design innovative ways to provide professional development content to the workforce.
• Make public trainings and presentations to technical assistants, program staff, and the broader early-childhood and school-age community on specialized topics.
• Monitor and mentor instructors teaching workshops across the state.
• Supervise staff facilitating training.
• Implement coaching strategies using various models in combination with online or face-to-face content.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree preferred, in Early Childhood Education or related discipline with five years of job-related experience.
• Knowledge and experience in child development, curriculum and assessment, early -care, education, and school age environments, professional development.
• Knowledge and use of a variety of educational technology strategies to develop and deliver innovative professional development strategies to the early education and school-age community.
• Experience instructing workshops and an understanding of adult learning principles.
• Knowledge of social media and its uses relevant to professional development.
• Experience in using early childhood curriculum, specifically Creative Curriculum and High Scope and a variety of assessment tools, including Teaching Strategies Gold is preferred.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and database software and experienced in program planning, implementation and evaluation skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with a wide range of constituents.
• Experience or knowledge of coaching strategies.
• Must have regular access to a private reliable means of transportation and able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nq5yddk7n4mxfmhp