Registered Nurse Case Manager Per Visit | Home Hea
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Castle, DE 19720
If you are a nurse, and you are compassionate about nursing Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) is the place for you. Our highly skilled staff can assist with many different facets of medical care. We work with families and their loved one’s doctor and other health care providers to create a care plan that will meet their needs. Please see our video, by clicking this link, for a glimpse of what it means to work at the VNA: .
Christiana Care Home Healthcare (VNA) is seeking a Per Visit RN to work a minimum of 50 visits each month. The successful candidate will support the Wilmington/Claymont/North Wilmington area and work 2 holidays a year, two weekends each quarter and a minimum of one on-call shift a month. Other territories within New Castle County are available as well so if interested in working in home care in New Castle County please apply! This person may also be eligible for a $15,000 sign on bonus to be paid out over a period of two years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give skilled nursing care and prescribed treatment to geriatric patients in the community.
- Must be IV proficient, upon hire we will train new staff and expect competency at 90 days.
- Develop and implement care plans, which are goal oriented and patient centered and consistent with available resources.
- Develop plan for discharge of patients.
- Must possess a current DE RN license, or compact state license
- 1 year of RN experience
- Previous Home Healthcare and Med-Surgical experience preferred
- IV proficient or willing to train, and perform IV functions.
- BSN required; ADN candidates are required to obtain their Bachelors of Science, Nursing Degree (BSN) within three (3) years of their start date as outlined in the Education Agreement required to be signed as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to attend week day orientation in our Reads Way office for two weeks.
Christiana Care VNA Offers:
- Laptop and documentation training tailored to your individualized needs.
- Promote & recognize professional development and specialty certifications.
- Medical benefits to start on your first day of employment.
- Tuition assistance.
- Generous paid time off.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.