Data Systems Analyst II - IT Management Information Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494568
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31S
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Management Information Services (IT-MIS) supports the enterprise systems of the University, including the Human Resources, Student Information, and Financial systems, in addition to central database and data warehouse systems. IT-MIS is responsible for development of new and improved campus business practices and the support of core business systems that are critical to the University’s strategic plan and institutional mission. IT-MIS is one of several groups within the larger organization of Information Technologies.
The Data Systems Analyst II has data management responsibilities, including support of business intelligence (BI), analytic, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL), and data warehouse management. The incumbent is part of a team of IT Data Custodians responsible for the maintenance and availability of the university’s BI ecosystem. Data Systems Analysts interface with data architects, business analysts, and system administrators to ensure analytic and intelligence workloads are efficient and available. Data Systems Analysts monitor the systems looking for performance and other issues, then suggest changes to indexes, configuration, etc. to ensure a high performing data ecosystem.
The Data Systems Analyst II reports to the Associate Director, Database Administration.
• Monitor software updates (patches, fixes and security) and implement into a production environment on a regular basis.
• Apply data governance principles to identify and implement security controls to support the roles and responsibilities of Data Custodians.
• Provide guidance for data security (i.e. user roles).
• Implement and install row level security for new and updated models.
• Ensure a streamlined, efficient and robust data architecture from the data model down to the operating system by working closely with data architects and BI specialists.
• Responsible for operational data modeling for IT projects outside the scope of business area data architects.
• Uses SQL in OLTP and OLAP environments.
• Responsible for developing and supporting the integration of multiple systems of record
• Monitor the databases and data warehouses for under performing queries and suggest optimizations.
• Responsible for database and data warehouse capacity monitoring, analysis, and planning.
• Participate on the expansions of Data Marts and Design.
• Implement and install schema changes for new and updated data models.
• Responsible for minimizing impact systems of record when performing integration and ETL.
• Turn technical specifications into system changes.
• Implement and monitor data quality verification between source and destination systems to ensure data standards, consistency, and accuracy.
• Serves as a technical expert resource to Associate Director, Director, VP, and IT colleagues. Has an expert-level understanding of the business systems of the institution and associated data requirements and has mastered a variety of database design methods, security procedures and utilities. Participates in external training programs and provides instruction for internal training programs. Maintains knowledge and skills with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology. Researches and evaluates future technologies and solutions.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and clients and follows University and department policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Contributes to the planning, leadership, and support regarding technical initiatives and innovative solutions. Works within the department’s overall strategic plan following project priorities and scope. Meets deadlines and achieves goals.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in CIS, MIS, or related discipline and five years of experience in a data warehouse environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with data warehouses, database, Business Intelligence storage, and ETL.
• Understand how the various components of a data management ecosystem interact.
• Data integration and modeling skills (conceptual, logical, and physical) with transactional and dimensional modeling experience.
• Good understanding of data modeling across relational, star/dimensional or other emerging approaches. Experience in data mapping and transformation.
• Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and an MPP data warehouse system.
• Experience with ETL, ESB, iPaaS, REST, SOAP, and Master Data Management systems.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Effective verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to document system configurations and changes.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Experience reviewing database logs and system information to diagnose infrastructure issues.
• Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
Applications close: Jan 02 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4zk9qpj54cpd3fxg