Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Georgetown, DE 19947
Occupational Therapist (19001127)
Per Diem / PRN
Area: Sussex County, DE
What You Will Do:
As a home health occupational therapist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient’s health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and occupational therapy assistants
- Current and unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company
- Successful completion of an occupational therapy program at a school of occupational therapy approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
- One year of OT experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.