Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
Area Manager (WD30085913315)
Clarios is the industry leader in smart energy storagesolutions. We have 16,000 team members and 56 manufacturing and recyclingcenters around the globe; producing 154 million batteries annually. Ourbatteries can be found in 1 out of 3 cars around the world; as well as in heavyduty vehicles, marine, power sports, and agricultural applications.
Whatyou will do
ThePlant Area Manager position is responsible for organization and implementationof plans, procedures and policies necessary to maximize utilization ofresources in line with area and plant goals. Incorporate core values ofsafety, quality and employee relations. Manages a substantial portion of thedaily production function within a plant. Incorporates best-in-class practicesto increase productivity and drive improvement in all business metrics. Focuses on development and management of production personnel,particularly next generation leadership.
Howyou will do it
TheArea Managers position is responsible for planning and directing themanufacturing supervisors activities for the North American manufacturinggroup. The Area Manager will further develop, implement, and manage employeeplacement to ensure that the manufacturing floors is running smoothly and todrive quality behavior and discipline throughout the manufacturing process.
- SupervisesManufacturing Supervisors with respect to production, distribution, volume,cost, quality and achievement of production plans.
- Assures,through Manufacturing Supervisors, good employee relations. May conductemployee meetings, approves requisitions, promotions, merit increases,transfers and discipline.
- Stimulatesmaximum efficiency and productivity of both Manufacturing Supervisors andproduction employees. Assures efficient utilization of equipment andfacilities.
- Inconjunction with Manufacturing Supervisors, establishes goals and objectivesfor assigned departments for review by Plant Manager. Administers thegoal setting/performance appraisal program for the area.
- Responsiblefor selection, hiring and development of Manufacturing Supervisors. Recommends merit increases, promotions and transfers.
- Coordinatesactivities within his area with those of other production areas, plant staffmanagers and division. In conjunction with Production Control may developweekly schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Assurescompliance with Company and Plant policies, health and safety standards,environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and good housekeeping practices.
- Participatesin base plan presentation. Continuously reviews ongoing performancewithin area of responsibility and takes action to assure achievement of goals.
- Recommendsimprovements in equipment and processes. Coordinates, manages andevaluates the installation of new equipment or processes in area ofresponsibility.
- Assuresproper maintenance of machines and equipment in area of responsibility. Coordinates longer term planning for major maintenance projects.
- Assurescompliance with quality and process specifications.
- Maintainsthe security of products and assets in area of responsibility.
- Overtimeis required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Drivesdaily, weekly, and monthly performance metrics to ensure budgetary requirementsare achieved.
- Provideleadership to create a work environment that drives excellence in productivity,customer service and quality.
- Ensurescompliance with plant safety rules, policies and procedures and establishedhousekeeping practices.
- Understandsand supports plant KPIs and Shop Floor Management objectives.
- Useof continuous improvement skills such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean manufacturing,etc. to drive improvement.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’sdegree in Business, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- PreviousLead Acid battery experience is helpful.
- Minimum3 year managing employees.
- Previousexperience in a Union Environment preferred
Clarios, is a worldleader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers tomeet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolvingbattery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies thatdeliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bringreliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every linkin the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serveand the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at .
Clarios, LLC is anequal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status asa qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information, please view EEO isthe Law, EEO isthe Law (supplement), and PayTransparency Non-discrimination. If you are anindividual with a disability and you require an accommodation during theapplication process, please email .
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.