Senior Associate, Marketing Strategist - Checking
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R87428
802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate, Marketing Strategist – Checking
Capital One Bank is seeking a Marketing Strategist to lead integrated marketing campaigns and drive new customer acquisitions, and improve existing customer product adoption. This position is part of the Consumer Bank Marketing team, that is on an exciting journey to build a nationally recognized Bank brand to deliver a compelling and digital first product experience to our customers and deliver on our mission to change banking for good. One of the core objectives of this team is to acquire new customers who will be highly engaged with their accounts, and advocate for the Capital One brand. This team plans, develops and executes marketing strategies for new prospects as well as existing customers, whether they choose to interact in our local branches, cafes or digitally. Our challenge is to stand out in a sea of financial distrust, by delivering a world class experience.
In this role, you will be responsible to lead the direct response marketing strategy to drive Checking product adoption among prospects, existing credit card customers, and existing bank customers who are looking for their next primary banking relationship. This will involve collaborating with our product teams to build a strategic plan that meets business goals, working with market research teams to gather consumer insights and partnering with our creative teams to craft the marketing concepts, positioning and creative assets. Additionally, you will coordinate with internal and external partners to execute the campaign. Your marketing campaigns will stretch across our online and offline channels, and work with our horizontal delivery teams to ensure strategic alignment as they build the digital tools to bring it to life. Your intellectual curiosity will be fed by the ongoing near real time analytics as we evolve and optimize our campaign. We will look to your ability to influence and impeccable judgment to drive collaboration and decision-making with partners up to the most senior levels. The ideal candidate will also be able to navigate ambiguous marketing challenges, embrace an increasingly diverse and digital marketplace, work across multiple marketing channels with tremendous empowerment and autonomy, and have an excellent understanding of key marketing disciplines.
- Work closely with Checking product, technology, & strategy analytics teams to build marketing solutions that deliver on business goals
- Leverage market, competitive and customer intelligence to develop a deep understand of market opportunities, customer insights and business drivers for Checking products
- Manage high-impact, integrated direct response and digital marketing campaigns from concept to launch which includes campaign strategy development, briefing creative teams, managing creative development, communicating with stakeholders, securing approvals, and driving marketing best practices
- Collaborate with business and channel marketing partners to refine the consumer bank value proposition and messaging platforms to effectively influence Checking product considerations among the prospect & customer target segments
- Effectively leverage a variety of marketing channels and recommend new media testing options to create new opportunities to drive business growth in an efficient & profitable manner
- Analyze business results, marketplace trends and consumer insights to inform product positioning and claims among each selected target segment
- Leverage analytics to analyze channel performance for quick-turn optimization
- Provide strategic direction to marketing channel partners to improve upon digital and direct response marketing that support key business priorities
Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Highly effective communication and storytelling skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with ability to work with and influence people from across the organization and management level
- Ability to perceive our products and experiences through the eyes of the Customer
- Personality to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Able to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and prioritization skills, managing multiple projects, stakeholder, and deadlines effectively
- Agile methodologies and Design Thinking approaches to solving consumer problems
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Resourceful, innovative, and creative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Economics, or Consumer Behavior
- At least 3 years’ experience in developing marketing plans across multiple channels and platforms
- Master’s Degree in Business Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Consumer Behavior
- 1+ years of experience working in financial services
- 1+ years of experience developing omni-channel marketing plans across digital channels
- Experience and track record of success bringing products to market
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.