Principal Risk Compliance Testing Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R83940
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Risk Compliance Testing Associate
Title: Principal Risk Compliance Testing Associate – Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions
Level: Principal Associate
The Anti-money Laundering (AML) Requirements and Controls team is seeking a Principal Associate with experience in testing IT controls and performing data analytics. The associate will be responsible for executing risk-based compliance testing under the leadership of a team leader, including independently validating control design and operating effectiveness and facilitating adherence to applicable Laws, Regulations, and Guidance. In this high exposure role, the Principal Associate will mentor associates, work with senior management, and test technology controls that support compliance with AML across our enterprise. In addition, the role will work on innovative process improvements, such as automating testing of AML controls across the enterprise.
Responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Under the leadership of the senior manager, executing control testing for AML and Sanctions related requirements. The tester will apply a strong understanding of methods to test IT system controls, data management controls, reading scripts, and model governance controls while executing control testing.
- Manage testing schedules to ensure all tasks and reporting are completed within established timeframes.
- Analyze data from multiple sources and systematically document the work and results. This analysis includes using data analytics and dashboard reporting to monitor the effectiveness of AML controls across multiple lines of business.
- Use critical and creative thinking skills to identify improvement opportunities, root causes, and provide recommendations that drive value.
- Review testing documentation executed by peers for accuracy and adherence to test procedures.
- Prepares well documented work papers.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Compliance Advisors and Business Areas as needed.
- Assist in communicating results to management and Compliance Officers, as needed. This includes oral and written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of testing, discussing noted deficiencies and recommending corrective action.
- Track testing results for ongoing analysis and process improvement.
- Assist management in the development of the planned activities.
- Lead initiatives and other process improvement activities.
- Update the AML regulatory applicability and control data in the system of record.
- Travel: Occasional travel is possible (~10-15%) to COF sites.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
- At least 2 years of experience in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, or at least 2 years of experience in financial services.
- 4 years of financial services AML compliance monitoring experience, 4 years of AML compliance auditing experience or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in IT audit, data analytics or a related field (i.e., test SQL, SAS).
- Bachelor’s degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.